Monday, November 9, 2009

Misty Part 2 Experience




All the usual disclaimers apply to my photography skills. It is, indeed, quite difficult to take a picture of your own arm. Anywhoo...

I love her. She looks awesome. I love the blue in her hair. That might be my favorite thing about her, though the whole thing looks great. Another A+ for Kurt's work. At this point when I'm getting tattooed, it's more an issue of boredom than pain. Sure there were some unpleasant parts like tattooing over a bruise and on the ball of my shoulder, but otherwise it was just an exercise in trying to not get uber bored. It was another two hour sitting and there's some detail work he wants to do. So we're gonna let her heal up and then see what else can be done. Typical artist, nothing is perfect. :P

Apparently the Halloween party was huge and awesome. I wished I could've been there, but hey, marrying off your best friend *is* kind of important. The good news is they're hosting another party in January that sounds even more my style so that made up for it. I think there was even a point where I jumped up and down when Kurt was telling me about it. Plus, it's right after my birthday so I'll feel like it's a belated birthday party. Joy!

I may join the "lady head" club. Jeremy, one of the newer guys at Ink & Dagger, has tattooed one on Jason and Kurt. I definitely wanted one, so I emailed him and we're gonna work something out. It probably won't be until late December or early January just because of weddings, holidays, and finances. I think my style is a bit of a challenge, but I have faith in his skills. They're great looking pieces. I'm still debating where I want to put her. Kurt & Jason both have theirs on their calves, but I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm leaning toward putting her on my left thigh just inside Pretty Bird. I've got time to think about it. I'm probably not gonna seriously worry about it until about a week before I want it done.

So now next on the list is my creepy pin up girl on my left forearm by Danielle. I'm really looking forward to her. She seemed confident that she could finish her in one session, especially if we start early. So I guess we'll see. I'd like to get her done in one sitting if possible. I hate multi-session pieces. Of course, if it has to be that way, then it has to be that way. I also need to figure out who's going to do the filler for my sleeve. I'm leaning toward Kurt because we seem to be very much on the same wavelength about the style I'm looking for.

Also, Kurt will have an article coming out in Prick sometime in the next few months. I'll keep my eyes peeled and post when I see it. Perhaps Lucius will be in there?

No comments: