Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Time Off

I know I've been AWOL for a while. I think I was working up the time and enthusiasm to write my latest entry.

I struck a deal with my dad. I'll be getting the collaborative piece from Russ and Muriel this weekend and then I'm taking 6 months off from getting inked. This included canceling my trip to Phoenix, which was really the worst part. I was so looking forward to it. There's always 2010, though, and maybe someone can afford to go with me.

It's probably best in the long run that I take time off to give my body a break and really focus on what I want. I'll still probably hang around the shops because I do like everyone and I'm sure others will be getting tattooed and I can tag along. Right now I'm pretty set on adding a phoenix to Lucius and turning it into a half sleeve. If I still want it in 6 months, then I'll know it's right. I'll have Kurt do it and I'm sure he'll do an awesome job. I have to cancel our time for Sunday, too. I guess I'll do that on Thursday when I go to meet Muriel and discuss general ideas about my last hurrah.

In better news, I contacted the photographer for Prick. She was game for doing a photo shoot at the end of the month and she'll be at the convention. She also said she'd do a few extra shots for free so I can send the right amount in for Prick. Who knows? I could be their next Miss August or Miss September. That'd be pretty awesome. It might help me break into the tattoo modeling scene. Or just as a minor celebrity for a month or so. All the guys (and Danielle) would be so proud.

So that's pretty much that for now. I guess I finally have to accept certain realities and "grow up". I don't view it as maturing, but if it saves me a bunch of arguments and headaches, then it's worth the price.

No comments: