Thursday, August 13, 2009

The One Worth Sleeving

So much for being over the cold by Tuesday evening. It's Thursday night and I'm still hacking, have lost my voice, and spent most of today asleep. I've still got time until Saturday, but I'm not going to reschedule for a second time. I'm feeling a lot better than I was on Monday and Tuesday, but it would be nice to get rid of this cough. I have tattoos to get, dammit.

I'm gonna have to work out a design for my sleeve pretty soon. I have to figure out a way to work the text into the overall look I want for the sleeve. I have a general theme, but no real specific ideas. I like the look of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, but I don't want anything taken from it. Lucy was inspired by a Tim Burton character, so it follows. I know I want it more loose and open than fully colored in. I never thought that the fully colored in look would work well on me, or most women for that matter. I think it looks great on guys. Plus, with all my moles and skin imperfections that need to monitored, having everything colored wouldn't work anyway. I think a mixture of iron work inspired filigree and more roses would be a good jumping off point. I want Lucy to stay the focal point and I don't want make the text unreadable. A lot of it depends on who ends up doing the sleeve or if it becomes some kind of collaboration. I guess it's already a collaboration in the sense that the current 3 pieces were all done by different people, but still look somewhat cohesive. All if this is probably in the distant future anyway, but I'd rather get it worked out now so I can make sure it's the best looking sleeve it can possibly be.

No comments: