Thursday, August 6, 2009

Whatever Will Be, Shall Be

I'm getting really bad at updating this thing. I need to try to get better about it.

I've been in New York for the past 4 days and I've gotten quite a few compliments, comments, and strange looks over my tattoos. People certainly aren't shy about commenting, good or bad. A definite change from the Southern ways I'm used to.

That said, my tattoo itch is still pretty bad. I don't know if I've mentioned it here, but there's one I really want that has been kind of my mantra lately. Made famous by Doris Day, the original "Che sera sera/Whatever will be, shall be" comes from Dr.Faustus. I want "che sera sera" on the outside of my right forearm and "whatever will be, shall be" on the outside of my left. When I stack my arms on top of each other, it would read like two lines of a play or song. I saw the placement a while ago and loved it. I think it would look great with a really pretty font.

I've been dealing with a lot of change in my life lately, with still more to come. Some of it has been good and some of it has been bad, but in the end whatever will be, shall be. I do all I can to influence things, but eventually it's out of my hands. I think this is something I really need to get and soon. It's been 2 months since I was last tattooed and that's pretty much an eternity in my world. I know I unofficially agreed to 6 months, but in the end there's nothing anyone can do about it. It's not like my parents would kick me out on the street for getting some new work. My job situation will be determined either tomorrow or Monday, so then I'll know for sure about that. There are other changes in the works, but nothing I'm ready to share with the entire internet yet. Those who know me can probably guess, though.

I'll see if I can hold out until the end of August. I do have some big bills coming up and tattoos ain't cheap, after all. So indeed, che sera sera.

No comments: