Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hot Messes

My nose and my chest dermal are a pair of hot messes right now. I just got off the phone with Jason (the other piercer at Overlord soon to be something else) and he gave me some advice. Hopefully it'll stave off anything until I can get there Friday evening. My nose is going to need hot compresses and I'm going to have to try to tighten the gem on my chest dermal manually. Apparently Jason has a fancy tool that will appropriately tighten the gem, but I can at least keep it in place for the next 48 hours or so. I think I may just stick a bandaid over it and pray. I've tried it once and it doesn't feel like it's doing anything. If nothing else, the bandaid will keep it on there until I can get over there. My skin probably won't appreciate it, but at least I won't lose the gem. Besides, it's not like it's inhibiting healing. The sucker is mostly, if not totally, healed.

As for my nose, it's going to suck. Apparently hot compresses will help a lot at making whatever it is (I'm 99% sure it's a granuloma) go away. Right now I'm cleaning it with the H2Ocean and trying to keep the stud as clean as possible. He also recommended vitamin E oil, but I won't have time to get that until at least tomorrow night. By that point, I'm not sure it's worth the effort. If he says I need it when he sees me, then I'll pick some up.

It's time for Lola's check up this weekend anyway, so I can do that as well. Hopefully Mark won't be busy. Friday nights can be a little hit or miss. They're either slammed or totally dead. I'll be going right after work, so ideally it'll be the latter. I want to bounce some ideas off him and I can't do that if he's dealing with clients. I also need to schedule Lola's touch up. Lord only knows when I'll have time for that. I'm leaning toward either President's Day (as I'm off from the office) or March 1. Of course, if I do President's Day, then I'll only have 4 full days before I get my peacock done. Decisions, decisions. If I go March 1, then the peacock will be over a week old and I'll still be almost 2 weeks away from starting Em Jr. I don't want to wait on the touch up because the longer I wait, the more I lose the motivation to do it. Though, if I go President's Day, then I don't have to ask off from BBW. I'm scheduled to close that night. If I go March 1, I'll have to request off. Double blah.

At least I know I'll be out there on Friday evening and everything else will just fall into place.


Meg said...

You didn't tell me about the piercings misbehaving! I'm so sorry! Bad piercings!

If this week has been any indicator, O'll most likely be pretty slow. Apparently Palate's not the only place that's dead as a doornail :\

Any word from Melanie, btw?

Emily said...

Nothing concrete from her. I think it's kind of a catch 22. She moved home because she wasn't making any money, but because she's still not making any money, she can't move back.

My nose is much better this morning. The dermal is still loose, though. I've got a bandaid over it to make sure it stays in place until tomorrow evening.