Saturday, February 28, 2009

Touch Up Times One

So what was supposed to be touching up of three pieces just turned into one. Mark had a rash of cancellations and appointment changes so he didn't want to spend too much time on unpaid work. Of course, he didn't know I had $40 to give him, which was its own amusing experience.

We opted to touch up Britney & Christina as they needed the most work. Lola really just needs her shoe recolored and a few lines. It definitely hurt more the second time around, but the funny thing was it made my nose itch. I kept wiggling my nose and Mark was like "You okay?". There actually wasn't much to be done, so it only took about half an hour. They also ooohed and aaahed over Lucius. I got to see Melanie's cupcake, which was just as cute in person.

When I tried to give Mark the tip we went through the usual "Take it" "No" "Yes" "No". He finally took it when I threatened to kick him. I also gave them pencils which I actually promised to do several months ago and always forgot about it. So now they have pencils from a defunct brokerage firm.

We didn't get to discuss my foot, though there was certainly time. I think when I go to show off the first part of my puppet, I'll bring in the pictures and we'll talk about it then. I have a pretty good idea of what I want and it'll cover it up really well. Of course, then I can't wear skirts without hose anymore because it is going to be big and bright. But that was going to happen eventually anyway.

No comments: