Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oh Em Gees, Kids

So I called Mark, as I said I was going to. A girl answers the phone and when I get Mark on I asked who she was. He said she was his newest "counter girl" who does all the bitch work that he doesn't like to do (answer phones, greet people, get coffee, clean things, etc). I jokingly said "Why haven't you asked me to do that yet?" and he was like "Well, you never came to mind because you already have 2 jobs". I told him that I would make something like that work because it was important to me. He said if I was really interested in it we could talk about it later. I told him he didn't even have to pay me, but I'd work out some kind of barter system. He seemed pretty amenable to the idea and consented that I hang around the shop so much, I have a decent amount of "shop experience".

If this actually pans out, I may cry from happiness. I'd pretty much given up on any hope of working in a shop. Ever. If I can make this work, I really don't think I'd know what to do with myself. I'm already good at dealing with people, I'm used to doing bitch work, and I get to hang out with two of the coolest people I know. I wouldn't even care that I was doing it for free. I suppose I could bring it up again on Sunday and see what he says. As with all "dream jobs", I'm afraid he wasn't serious or I was dreaming or some combination of the two. I want this so badly it almost hurts. I don't think I've wanted anything this much since I wanted a pony when I was little. Now I just have to figure out how not to sound like a babbling idiot when I try to bring it up again on Sunday.

*Squee!*

No comments: